About the Journal
International Journal of Assessment Tools in Education (IJATE) is an international, peer-reviewed online journal publishing high-quality, original research.
IJATE accepts the following types of article:
- Original articles
- Book reviews
IJATE accepts original research on the design, analysis and use of evaluation along with assessment to enhance comprehending of the performance and quality of stakeholders in educational settings. IJATE is pleased to receive discriminating theoretical and empirical manuscripts (quantitative or qualitative) which could direct significant national and international argumentations in educational policy and practice. This journal is specifically counted for research that provides new knowledge and encourages innovative applications in the fields of:
- Measurement processes & techniques
- Innovative approaches for developing measurement instruments
- Innovative assessment strategies
- Cross-cultural assessments
- Large-scale assessment reports
- Validity studies
- Issues related to measurement & assessment
- Statistical methods in educational & psychological research
Please note that manuscripts focusing on the areas unlike given in the scope of International Journal of Assessment Tools in Education (IJATE) are rejected by the editorial board.
ABSTRACTING & INDEXING
International Journal of Assessment Tools in Education (IJATE) is abstracted and indexed by:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- TR Dizin
- ERIH PLUS
- Index Copernicus
- Scientific Indexing Services
IJATE publishes online 4 issues ( March, June, September, December) per year. The accepted manuscripts are provided to be published online nearly one month before the publication date.
Thank you for choosing to submit your manuscript to us.
Before submitting your manuscript, please take time to read the focus and scope of IJATE carefully in order to make sure that your manuscript can be acceptable to this journal.
All submissions are made with the understanding that all work is original and fully referenced, and the manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. As an author, you are required to achieve permission if any figure, table, or extract from the text of another source is copied.
The text of manuscripts needs to conform to the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA 6th ed.) For details please go to http://www.apastyle.org/.
The structure of the manuscript is expected to follow given parts as suggested:
Title of the manuscript (max. 12 words)
Abstract (should be 200-250 words in length and need to summarize the aim of the study, the method used, the significant results gathered from the study, and the implications drawn for further research. Also 3-5 key words are needed to be given under this section)
Introduction (should provide an overview of the topic and clarify the reason of investigating this topic. This part also needs to draw the literature about the topic and to indicate the originality of the study. While providing an adequate background, please avoid giving a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results)
Method (should indicate the design used in the study, the sampling, the data collection tools, and the analysis of the data. Clarification is important in this part)
Results /Findings (should give significant results obtained from the study clearly and concisely)
Discussion and Conclusion (should explore the significance of the results of the study. Please do not repeat them. While discussing the results, please avoid extensive citations and discussion of previous literature. In addition to this, the main conclusions of the study should be presented in a short section including limitations, suggestions and recommendations, and implications of the study)
References (should present every reference cited in the text. Any references cited in the abstract should be given in full. Turkish references should be given in their English forms as well. For the rules of citation of references please follow APA Publication Manual (6th ed.) http://www.apastyle.org/.)
The template form indicating the style and the structure of the manuscript can be downloaded from http://submit.ijate.net/tr/page/6150
Please also ensure that
- the manuscript is in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- tables, charts, graphs, and equations are in an editable format (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Equation Editor).
- the data provided in the references are correct.
- appendix is identified if there is.
- author name(s) and affiliation(s) are indicated clearly and also the given name(s) and family name(s) of each author are checked that all names are accurately spelled.
Please note that manuscripts not following given rules will not be included in reviewing process.
In reviewing and publication process, editor(s) should;
- Protect the reputation of the journal and published works by taking great care publishing highest quality and relevant works in a timely manner
- Perform initial quality check and editorial assessment for submissions. This process includes but not limited to making decision on articles which may not be sent out for peer review due to conflict with the focus and scope of IJATE, poor quality of work, and any other justifiable reason)
- Contribute and organize a transparent review and publication process in which full respect and care paid to the author(s)
- Publishing Editorial, corrections, corrigenda, errata when necessary.
Reviewers are responsible for;
- Providing written, unbiased feedback in a timely manner
- In feedback focusing on scientific merit and value of the work; indicating ways to improve it
- Stating scientific accuracy, originality, and importance to the audience
- Indicating whether the writing is clear, concise and relevant to journal’s scope
- Maintaining confidentiality of the review process among reviewers responsibilities
- Providing a thoughtful, fair, constructive, and informative critique
- Recommendation toward acceptance or rejection
- Noting any ethical concerns
- Ensuring that manuscript cites all relevant work in the literature
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
All manuscripts will be initially assessed by the editor for suitability for the journal. Based on initial editor screening, manuscripts undergo rigorous double-blind peer review by at least two anonymous referees before accepted and/or published. When necessary, the referees’ criticism and suggestions may be sent to the author(s) for them to be able to revise or make the suggested corrections. The Editor is responsible for the final decision about acceptance or rejection of manuscripts. The Editor's decision is final.
A diagram illustrating the review and publishing process is given below.
The duration for the review process is dependent on reviewers’ responses. IJATE expects review processing duration as approximately 4-6 weeks. However, please note that the review process can take more time depending on the number of rounds the reviews need to take place.
All papers submitted to IJATE should fulfill the expectations regarding the authenticity of the paper. After the review process has been completed and the manuscript has been accepted as a possible publication in IJATE, authors will be asked to submit a similarity report in PDF format by using a plagiarism software which determines the similarity rates such as iThenticate/Academic Paradigms, LLC-Check For Plagiarism/Grammarly-Plagiarism Checker. The Plagiarism-Similarity report must be in a PDF format for the entire text including tables, figures (excluding references). The plagiarism rate of the accepted manuscript must be not exceeded the rate of 15%.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal is an Open Access journal. IJATE is adopted Budapest Open Access Initiative (https://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org) definition.
There are no submission fees, publication fees or page charges for IJATE.
This journal is supported by TUBITAK-ULAKBIM (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), https://dergipark.org.tr/en/
Launched in 2014